Home Forums Pro Themes Bizlight Pro 2.1.1 Update

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anthony
    Participant

Hi,

Have updated to 2.1.1. There is a bunch of things going on with the site at the moment. To start…

1: Something is wrong with the front page slider image.
    2: No scroll bar, I think it is putting an overflow:hidden somewhere. Not sure why.

Best,
    Anthony

Anthony
    Participant

I am wondering if the way I configured my child theme incorrectly and it is having an effect on the updates.

Anthony
    Participant
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_enqueue_styles');
    function theme_enqueue_styles() {
        wp_enqueue_style( 'parent-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
        remove_filter ('the_content',  'wpautop');
        remove_filter ('comment_text', 'wpautop');
       }

function bizlight_words_count( $length = 25, $bizlight_content = null ) {
    		$length = absint( $length );
    		$source_content = preg_replace( '<code>\[[^\]]*\]</code>', '', $bizlight_content );
    		$trimmed_content = wp_trim_words( $source_content, $length, '' );
    		return $trimmed_content;
    	}

This is my functions.php file in my child theme. Please let me know if this is the correct way to do it for bizlight-pro. Also in there is a rewrite of the header.php function in your hooks for the header part. What I removed were the divisions wrapping your menu so I could integrate a menu plugin.

Anthony
    Participant

Sorry to bombard you, I also had to add a #page{overflow:scroll} to override the overflow:hidden that is hiding the scroll bar. Is this normal?

wensolutions
    Keymaster

Hello Anthony,as mentioned previously in this thread http://themepalace.com/topic/failed-to-download-update/#post-9904 the major improvement was done in Slider.

Checking your site back while writing this response we have seen no such issue in slider w.r.t #1 and as well as your site with vertical scrolling is working smoothly.

Kindly, explain us back if your problem your are having is different than what you have seen and understood after checking your site.

Anthony
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been working kind of feverishly on it. It appears to be coming back to normal. I got the scrollbar to work by adding in the overflow:hidden style on id #page. However I do not think this is normal.

This site isn’t live yet, and thought I did everything to prevent these sorts of errors on updates. Does my child theme functions.php file look okay to you? I know that isn’t your job, but I’d like correct anything I am doing wrong on my end to prevent future issues.

Anthony
    Participant

Oh and as always, your time and advise is much appreciated. Thank you guys.

wensolutions
    Keymaster

So far code in your child theme looks correct with some feature overriding through custom function. This should not create any problem in running Child Theme and all future updates won’t affect them until Child Theme is active. So you are good to go until now!.

Anthony
    Participant

The child theme is active now and I think everything looks okay. Sorry to bother. =)

wensolutions
    Keymaster

No problem!. It’s our pleasure to help you in any queries and issues.

wensolutions
    Keymaster

If you have problem with downloading the latest 2.1.1 version or downloaded theme is corrupt. Please try downloading the zip file from your Theme Palace account. This issue is now fixed.

Apology for inconvenience.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.