February 10, 2020 at 4:49 am #116150
I’ve created a sub-domain for my english wesbite in romanian and whilst changing the WP language settings in romanian worked perfectly, the only thing that did not get translated is the word ‘by’ in the ‘By author’ post description. Any way how I can translate or where I can change the word from?
The page I need help with: http://ideidezordonate.mrworldling.com/imnulnational/February 10, 2020 at 6:28 am #116155
Regarding your query to translate the word ‘by’ from the section, the word ‘by’ is the word which is same in Romanian and in English as google translate shows in this screenshot: https://prnt.sc/r04w03
So, that might be the reason for the word you desired didn’t translate.
Regards.February 10, 2020 at 7:42 am #116163
You’ve searched for the translation incorrectly. You should have put the word ‘by’ in the English case and then translate to Romanian. not the other way around as if you put any English word in the Romanian section it will come out with the exact same word in English.
Anyway I’ve attached the right link and you can see the word in Romanian is not but ‘de’ See screen : https://prnt.sc/r067xh
Being a native Romanian speaker I can also vouch that ‘by’ does not exist in Romanian.
Any other ideas of how I could change that?
February 11, 2020 at 5:35 am #116238
- This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by mrworldling. Reason: typo
We have recently updated to the new version of the Magpaper where we fixed the issue of the translation. So please update to the current version of the theme and resolve the translation issue.
Regards.February 12, 2020 at 6:38 am #116288
Hi there I noticed an update yesterday regarding the translation and updated it but the theme has not changed. While now I see the correct work in the Themes place, for example MagPaper BY ThemePalace as DE (the translated form) – see snip here https://prnt.sc/r17e4z – on the page itself the post ‘BY’ word is still not translated to ‘DE’ correctly.
So the issue comes from the Theme itself.
I have MagPaper version 1.1.5 unless there is a new one with an update coming soon, I can’t see any other updates for it.
Any more ideas?
ThanksFebruary 13, 2020 at 4:07 am #116381
Regarding your query, you have to use the ‘Loco Translate’ plugin to translate the individual word as per your requirement.
You can change the word ‘by’ using the plugin.
Regards.February 13, 2020 at 4:52 am #116383
hi I tried doing so but no look. The word By remains unchanged despite me changing all ‘by’ stringsFebruary 13, 2020 at 5:33 am #116387
Please provide us with the login detail of your site to provide the precise fix at wensolution[at]gmail.com
Regards.February 13, 2020 at 5:39 am #116389
Thanks, just sent you an email with the pwFebruary 14, 2020 at 1:33 am #116436
Your issue has been resolved, thank you for the details you provided.
When we inspected in detail, we found that the translated string was not in the correct location. We managed the location properly.
Regards.February 14, 2020 at 10:52 am #116475
Awesome, you guys are great! Now it’s showing up fine! Thanks a lot!February 16, 2020 at 11:07 pm #116613
Glad we could help you.
If you have further queries, let us know.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.