Home › Forums › Free Themes › Easy Commerce › how to upgrade to the PRO version without data loss
- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 1 month ago by wensolutions.
May 7, 2019 at 5:22 am #97085Ajit MartisParticipant
I’ve purchased the Easy Commerce Pro theme, would like to know steps/guide regarding how to update the theme from its basic Free version to the pro version, since my website is live & has a store running it, I don’t want it to get hamper while upgrading.May 7, 2019 at 5:28 am #97086solanki1311Participant
I’ve the same issue, can someone help with it.
I’m trying to upgrade but I’m worried about the e-commerce data other third party integration like payment gateways.
Will all those affect if I tend to upgrade to pro version just by uploading zip file into appearance-> themes – upload and then activate?May 7, 2019 at 6:36 am #97092wensolutionsKeymaster
Hello @qiddo and @solanki1311,
First of all, thank you very much for using the pro version of the theme.
There will be no any issues upon upgrading to the pro version. The data that you have added will be there and you just need to go to customizer and manage the setting. But if you have any modification in the original theme file then all of your modification will be lost upon update to the recent version of the theme.
Hope this clears the confusion.
Thank youMay 8, 2019 at 4:20 am #97199solanki1311Participant
Thank you for the response!
I’ve uploaded the PRO version on my WordPress panel
I’ve some more queries
1. After updating my web slider on the home page got replaced with the demo slider, how do I recover that? I was using WD slider earlier will that work here and how to do it?
2. Earlier, only the Home/front page had the widgets on the right-hand side of the page, but now on the whole website, widgets on the right-hand side are appearing. How to get rid of widgets on another page like on a single product page & cart page? and keep the pages as a full widget page?
3. Just like a preview, I saw of the pro version, I want to add sections like category, collections, the latest offer & Featured products section, how to add it?
4. After upgrading the website, there’s additional shop section added on the home page which is replicate, how do I remove that?
5. There’ some elements/ section which is missing on the footer, how do I recover it?
6. I currently using a visual page builder on this website which is not Ideal, does this theme support Elementor?
here is the link for the website, I’ve not made the PRO version live yet because of the above queries I had
P.S: Do you have a ticketing system or other system where for PRO theme customers can get quick support & response?May 9, 2019 at 1:11 am #97267wensolutionsKeymaster
First of all, please be clear that the customizer settings will all be updated when you get the pro version of the theme and hence, the setup in the previous site maybe affected. You need to reconfigure the customizer settings, however, the contents of the database will be safe even after the update.
Please find the answer to all of your queries below :
Query 1 :
Response – The theme itself offers the slider and hence you should not use any external plugins to get the slider feature in your site. To set the slider options, go to, Admin Panel > Appearance > Customize > Featured Section > Slider Type / Slider option .
Query 2 :
Response – In the customizer setting i.e Admin Panel > Appearance > Customize > Theme Option > Layout Option, make sure you have set the global layout as per your requirement. Also, for the individual page, the theme setting may have overridden the global layout settings. You can get the options for the sidebar in the individual page option
Screenshot : https://prnt.sc/nmaahr
Query 3 :
Response – Please refer to the documentation of the theme and follow the given instruction to set up your site : https://themepalace.com/instructions/themes/easy-commerce-pro/
On following the given instructions, if you encounter any problem, feel free to write back to us.
Query 4 :
Response – The homepage of the theme is fully customizable and every section that you see can be enabled/disabled. Please refer to the documentation for further info.
Query 5 :
Response – To recover the footer widgets, add the required widgets in the footer widget area and update the settings.
Query 6 :
Response : Integrating Elementor in the theme should not cause any issues. However, if you spot any issue you can kindly report it back to us.
Also, after the purchase of the pro theme, you will have the access to the pro themes support forum. Please create the thread in the pro version of the forum. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
For any further query/confusion, feel free to write back to us.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.