March 4, 2019 at 11:09 pm #92193
Hi, my site is lrcgb.org. Currently, there’s a Facebook link at the bottom of the page but the icon doesn’t really stand out against the black background (not sure how to fix this). I would actually rather have the facebook icon show up in a more prominent space, to the right of the Search icon in the top nav menu. Is there a way to accomplish this?
Thank youMarch 4, 2019 at 11:24 pm #92194
Side-note: I tried adding a custom link to Facebook to the main menu but unlike in the Social Menu area it just shows the work Facebook and doesn’t automagically replace it with the Facebook logo.
March 5, 2019 at 2:58 am #92215wensolutionsKeymaster
- This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by fuchsr. Reason: type
First of all, thank you very much for using the theme.
Currently, you will be only able to display the social icon at the button. To make it display in the primary menu location requires higher code customization.
So if you want then please hire a professional developer for this.
To hire a developer please refer to below given link:
Best Regards!!March 5, 2019 at 7:33 pm #92282
For anyone who is interested in this issue: I have figured out a way that doesn’t require custom coding.
1. Download the Facebook logo that fits your theme best from https://en.facebookbrand.com/#brand-guidelines-assets. I am using the smallest-size color version.
2. Add it to your Media Library. Copy the URL for it.
3. Go to Customize->Menus and select the menu to which you want to add the Facebook logo.
4. Click Add Items. Choose Custom Links.
5. In the URL field, add the Facebook page you want to link to.
6. In the Link Text box, add:
<img alt="Facebook" src="logourl" width="25" height="25" />
replacing Logourl with the URL for the logo you copied in step 2.
7. Click Add to Menu
Depending on your theme and font choices you may have to adjust width and height in step 6 to make the Facebook logo fit in well.
On my site lrcgb.org this looks a lot nicer than the Facebook link that the theme produced in the Social Links footer, which had a weird-looking logo and was almost impossible to see against the black background of the theme footer.
March 6, 2019 at 12:51 am #92305
- This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by fuchsr.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.