August 15, 2022 at 10:32 pm #185167
I made a fresh staging site and the problems are still happening.
The new staging site is:
TimAugust 15, 2022 at 10:33 pm #185166
Although my live site is working properly, I just made a staging site from it, and now the staging site is exhibiting the same problems that were fixed on the live site by my host technicians. The site displays the wrong font, and when I navigate from page to page there is a delay and the menu and header disappears and reappears as explained is my previous messages to you.
So now “relaxatoasis.com” which is the live site is working properly.
But, “staging23.relaxatoasis.com” is not working properly.
I asked my host tech support what might be happening, and I got this response:
“The issue was caused due to the fact that a component on the site (plugin or theme) is keeping hardcoded URLs in some of the font files. This is not a good practice and it is better to use relative URLs instead of absolute ones. I am afraid that it would not be possible for us to determine which is the exact component that is using these font files and I would recommend discussing this with your web developer.” -SiteGround
It will be extremely difficult for me if I can’t utilize staging.
Please let me know what you think.August 22, 2022 at 11:41 pm #185313sanamKeymasterSeptember 23, 2022 at 1:33 pm #186155
I just sent credentials to you through you form.
I had thought that I had fixed the problem above but I actually did not. I created a new staging site “staging27.relaxatoasis.com” and set you up as an administrator.
TimSeptember 26, 2022 at 1:55 am #186179
@TSCOLETTIGMAIL-COM, we have checked your site. The issue was caused form one of the active plugins. We have disabled the some of plugins and the issue was solved. Please active one plugin at a time and check for the issue in order to know which plugin is responsible for the issueSeptember 26, 2022 at 9:42 am #186192
I had already disabled every plugin before I contacted you and it did not solve the issue.
I then created a fresh Staging site for you to take a look at with all of the plugins running before I sent you the credentials to login.
Also, I have just checked the site in all my browsers, Mac and PC, and unfortunately the issue is still occurring.
Please check again, the site is loading up Helvetica, which is the wrong font and the main issue, it should be Open Sans.
When the site is working properly, with Open Sans loading up as the font, the site runs extremely quickly. When it is not running correctly, and Helvetica is loading, the pages load is choppy and slow.
TimSeptember 28, 2022 at 1:30 am #186212
@TSCOLETTIGMAIL-COM, the issue has been fixed. Could you please verify from your side?
here is the screen record
https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/11362081?key=7d5d716eea7d16786b6f2f3197194d7fSeptember 28, 2022 at 2:47 am #186214
@TSCOLETTIGMAIL-COM, actually the issue was in file permission on your site. In the theme, there are two ways to load fonts one from direct CDN and another locally from your site. By default font loads locally which means the font file loads from your site directory. I guess file permission to write on your site is disabled that’s why the fonts file failed to download and throw a console error regarding font file not found. So I have enabled ‘Load Google Font form CDN’ – this options load font directly from CDN
In Europe, it does not allow anything regarding font from an external link. So the theme offers two ways to load fonts in order to support a European rule
You can check the difference
https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/11361316?key=c18aec18cafb84bbb89d232dd3054a1dOctober 8, 2022 at 10:21 am #186347
I have the fonts working now thanks!
However, we discovered that there is a Bug on the Checkout page. I checked with WOO Commerce first and they suggested I load another theme to see if the bug went away and it did. They suggested that the problem was with the theme. We are seeing this on Browsers such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
For some reason, the words that should be next to the text box for COMPANY NAME are out of position when the page is displaying at a full width on a Desktop.
Next to the text box for LAST NAME it looks like this:
COM LAST NAME
Please take a look and let me know what you think.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.