Home › Forums › Pro Themes › University Hub Pro › Extra sidebar and Slider not seen in browser
- This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 1 month ago by WEN Themes.
January 22, 2021 at 9:28 pm #143136
1. Please tell me more about Extra Sidebar 1 to 4 from Widgets (University HUB PRO).
Even I put some widgets on extra sidebar from Appearance>Widgets, don’t appear on any page. In Customizer I see this text:
Your theme has 5 other widget areas, but this particular page doesn’t display them.
You can navigate to other pages on your site while using the Customizer to view and edit the widgets displayed on those pages.
For example, I need to put different widgets on a specific page. Is this possible with it? Which are the steps?
2. I made a slider with my own pictures but is seen only in Chrome, not in Edge or Mozilla browsers or on mobile. What could be wrong?
Thank you!January 22, 2021 at 10:52 pm #143235PsinkKeymaster
We will check and come back to you soon
PsinkJanuary 27, 2021 at 9:20 pm #143518
I still don’t have an answer for my previous questions and another rises. In dual language (Polylang plugin) I didn’t figure out how to change the language for Homepage sections (translate the names for Services, Feature block …). I don’t have the possibility to adapt the names for each language. What should I do?
Initially I liked this theme, University HUB PRO, but now I discover more an more things that I don’t like? Regards, AdrianaJanuary 28, 2021 at 1:59 pm #143583
1. Those Extra Sidebar are an option for Pages. So, if you want a different sidebar on a different page then you can use Extra Sidebar. There is a Theme Settings meta below the page content editor to select a different sidebar. Please check this screenshot https://themepalace.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/extra-sidebar.png
2. I am not so sure what do you mean by you have created your own slider and it’s not working in Edge or Mozilla browsers. I just check in our demo site https://demo.wenthemes.com/university-hub-pro/ and it’s working fine in both Edge and Mozilla. So, can you let us know the site URL?January 28, 2021 at 3:42 pm #143590
We hav just updated the theme to support Polylang and WPML plugin. So, please update to version 3.2 and then you will be able to translate those theme string translation.
After the update, please go to “Languages => Strings Translation”, this section will show the strings that you have updated in Customizer ready for translation.February 2, 2021 at 3:15 pm #143843
I was very pleased when I read your message and also surprised because the Theme Palace support told me that the theme is fully compatible with both WPML and Polylang plugins, when I bought the University hub pro theme.
I made the changes on the new theme version but the strings I translate are not visible on the child theme I create before. How is this possible? Please, tell me how to resolve this situation or, should I give up?
As a response for previous question, I was forced to create my slider with images from posts because, when I choose the option “Featured images”, the slider is not visible.
AdrianaFebruary 2, 2021 at 7:25 pm #143900
I am not sure how you have build child theme. But yes, WPML and Polylang child theme need wpml-config.xml file. So, copy that file from the University Hub Pro theme and add in your child theme.
About the Featured Image Slider, when I test in our server it’s working fine. Is it issue in your child theme only or in the main theme as well. Also, what’s your site URL to check image slider in chrome and mobile.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.