Home › Forums › Pro Themes › Trade Line Pro › Social Menu – Customizer – Cannot "Save & Publish"
- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 6 months ago by al4954vn.
September 3, 2016 at 10:03 pm #16876
Just as the title says, in the customizer where we can add a social media menu (linked icons), I cannot save any changes. I was able to delete and save, but not add / replace and save.
It appears with some limited testing that the “Save & Publish” works for other options in the customizer.
I did deactivate plugins, but that did not change anything.
This problem popped up after the most recent theme update.September 4, 2016 at 10:37 am #16892wensolutionsKeymaster
We have logged into your website and monitored the issue, although we are not sure what is causing the issue ( as it is working fine on other websites and on our local machine while testing), we have informed the theme authors to find the root cause of the issue.
Hope you understand.
Best regards.September 4, 2016 at 12:51 pm #16909
I found a way for it to work, but not with the customizer.
Its through the Admin area of WordPress, “Appearances – Menus”.
Near the top, “Select a menu to edit:”, drop list, choose “Social Menu” and in there add the social links. The link and proper “link text” will bring up the correct icon as provided by the theme.
Although this does not fix the issue in the Customizer – Menus (options).
Here is what may help troubleshoot.
- Cannot add social menu items in “Menus” options in the Customizer, it will not save and publish.
- Can add social menu items in “Admin – Appearances – Menus – Social Menu”.
- Can save changes/additions in the “Admin – Menus – Social Menus” area.
- In “Appearances – Menus – Social Menus | Menu Settings” area, checking the “Social Menus” check box to show the social menu activates the social menu.
- Going into Customizer for social menus the same “social menus” settings is also checked. I can uncheck that same box in the Customizer and save it. I can activate and deactivate the social menu this way in the Customizer, but…
- Cannot add an item to the social menu using the Customizer. The moment I add an item to the social menu here, it will not save and publish. Still in the Customizer, the moment I delete the new item showing in the list, that I wanted to add, then I can save and publish and change the settings (Social menu check box) if I want.
- Problem occurs when trying to add a menu item in the Customizer – Social Menu area
- NOTE: the same “save and publish” problem also exists if I try to Add any menu item, even to the Main menu using the Customizer. The moment I remove that item I tried to add, the “save and Publish” button works
- Problem occurs using Customizer to add any menu item
I think that narrows down the problem of where the issue occurs. Its the Customizer. I suppose some PHP scripting got corrupted in the last update.
Try going into the PHP file(s) to see what has gone wrong for those elements I mentioned above.
Hope that helps.September 4, 2016 at 11:40 pm #16930wensolutionsKeymaster
Thank you for lettings us know about the issue we really appreciate it. As we said earlier this issue occurs only on your site, it does not replicate for us or any other users till date.
We tried to log into your websites backend again, but it seems that you have changed the credentials. Can you please resend your backend credentials to the email that you sent earlier so that we can fix this issue for you?
Hope you understand,
Best regards.September 5, 2016 at 1:14 am #16937
Nothing has changed since you last logged in successfully. I will resend the login info.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.