Tagged: Translation issues..
June 28, 2016 at 1:39 pm #11509
I’m currently trying to translate the website into french but translator seem to be working with this theme.
The translations comes with small bugs and sometimes it messes with the website’s structures.
ANY good working translation with Education Hub pro you could recommend me??
Thank you.June 29, 2016 at 6:05 am #11671wensolutionsKeymaster
Education Hub pro theme can be translated to your desired language using its pot file (.po) that is included in the theme’s installation directory > languages folder.
The best way to translate the site would be to translate the theme’s translatable strings manually.
To translate the translatable strings of the theme in your language you will need to create .mo file from the pot file.
Please follow following steps to create .mo file from the theme’s pot file :
1) Download poedit software(http://www.poedit.net/download.php),
2) Open the software, From welcome screem choose “Edit a Translation” option to translate existing pot file.
3) Browse to theme’s installation from WordPress root directory > wp-content > themes > education-hub-pro > languages folder and open pot file.
4) You can now see a list of all translatable strings from the theme, select a string and choose “create new translation” option in source text tab.
5) Choose your desired language and type in translation for indivisual source text. you can also select one of the translation suggestions given by the software.
6) Save the created .mo file into your wp-content/languages/themes directory.
Finally, you can select your translated language from your dashboard > settings > general settings > site language. and save changes.
Hope it helps,
Best regards.July 15, 2016 at 1:50 am #12754
Thank you very much for your hard work!
I will give it a try.July 15, 2016 at 11:28 am #12817
I forgot to ask if this is actually going to turn my website into a multilingual site??
because I want my visitors to be able to switch between French and English…July 15, 2016 at 1:08 pm #12829wensolutionsKeymaster
Sorry, those approach does not mean to provide you with the multi-language feature giving option to choose between the two languages. If that your requirement, then you would need to adopt the third-party plugin like Polylang or WPML (premium).
Note: Those plugins are not officially tested regarding their full compatibility with this theme but may have only few trivial exception.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.